Saturday, May 11, 2013

Reflection



Reflection
Different forms of writing are consistent and still being developed. Knowing different forms of writing and creativity got me interested in it. Personally, I enjoy writing story forms than essays but writing better involves learning more techniques writing issues. Essay forms with informative and contrasts are simpler for me to use but the one essay that I have more trouble is the argument essay. I have an ambiguous nature that coincides against argumentive essays. When at the end of the essay the writer tells which side they are on it becomes difficult for me to choose. English 201 is the class that was not easy since the papers written were all argumentive. As much as I worked on the argumentive I’m still falling short with the argument.
The part of this class that I have benefited from the most is words and phrasings. I did not use it much as I wanted to but it is a list to keep for future uses. There is a list that I want to have but have not found and that is passive, present and future tenses. Without the word tense list the difficulty of writing an essay while avoiding certain tenses is improbable. In one of the functions of Word there is an option to have Word put a green underline on passive phrases. It didn’t give a list of the verb tenses but it is better than nothing.
The Argument Essay we first wrote for the class certainly acted as a running start. I was confused what form of essay it was and when we were directed to OwlPurdue on the list of essay forms I chose the informative essay. A mistake I corrected but it is embarrassing turning in an incorrect form essay. Everything else in the class didn’t compare with the mistake, one that won’t be made easy next time.
The Critical Theory Essay intrigued me the most out of the other essays. Unfortunately, the essay form was an argumentive but the argumentive combined a story and the history the story took form. Two pages into the “Ideas” story I instantly connected it to the old story about the Pied Piper of Hamelin. Both stories took place in Germany and in one form of the Pied Piper story the Piper led the children away from the village like in “Ideas” with Peter drawing the children to him. Combining the history to “Ideas” was challenging but what made it difficult is the argument element that turned the assignment upside down.
Argument Issue Essay had a broad topic search. An argument that college students see as imperative to them is not easy to choose unless it concerned the writer. The topic I chose concerned financial aid, giving reasons why I did not go to college for a few years after graduating high school. Other than running short on time there is nothing further to say about that essay.
I had an interesting time in English 201 but it certainly made me sweat. Having a classmate that was also taking another English class as me was surprising. Ironic that we found that out during the story we posted in the Discussion Board since we are taking the creative writing English class pertaining to stories. The blog is an assignment that I will not say I like. A good opportunity of trying new things but I never tried Facebook or MySpace because I am a private person. The thought of people I don’t know seeing my picture and reading about me is not an entertaining thought. This is an experience that I will remember.

4 comments:

  1. Evelyn,
    While your blog theme is simple, it's actually very pretty! It's a great color and it doesn't take away from the work you've published. The images weren't showing up when I was on here but I'm sure they were incorporated nicely :) Your blog is easy to read and not too distracting - good job this semester!
    ~Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for delivering good work the entire semester Evelyn. :D
    Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your layout. It attracts attention to the content inside. You're blog is clean and a good read. Hope you have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your theme! It looks great with your writing. I also had issues seeing the pictures you put in, but other than that you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete